Why Support The Salvation Army?
- The Salvation Army has a proven track record that goes back more than 135 years in Canada, and more than 150 years internationally. It is now one of the world’s largest providers of social services
- The Salvation Army helps one person at a time, believing that each person is infinitely valuable and equally worthy
- As an international Christian church that welcomes everyone, The Salvation Army’s faith motivates its social programs. Donations from the public at large, which includes money from individuals, foundations, corporations and all levels of government, are used for community and social service programs.
- The Salvation Army has been recognized with the highest level of excellence in ethical fundraising and financial accountability that Canadians can trust. The Salvation Army is now one of just over 300 charities in Canada that has earned Imagine Canada’s national Standards Program accreditation. Imagine Canada believes that charities and non-profits have a responsibility to be innovative, transparent, accountable, ethical and well-governed.
- The Salvation Army is managing its administrative and fundraising costs in a reasonable manner given the size and scope of the organization, in order to provide the best programs and services that deliver transformative outcomes for the people we serve.
- All funds donated in Calgary, stay in Calgary.
- Social and community service programs focus on nurturing the capacities, skills and strengths of individuals rather than just giving them a hand out.
- All social and community services are equally available without discrimination.