Thinking of fundraising for us? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Birthday Party: instead of gifts, ask people to bring non-perishable food items, cash or cheques made out to The Salvation Army Community Services (Calgary)
- Garage Sale: make room in your house by hosting a garage sale and give the proceeds or part of the proceeds to Community Services (Calgary)
- Craft Event: host an event, where you supply the craft supplies and your friends/family bring non-perishable food items or a cash donation for Community Services (Calgary)
- Host a Fundraising Party: host a tea, a games night or a picnic. Instead of people bringing food or drinks, ask them to bring a donation for Community Services (Calgary)
- Be a Christmas Toy Champion: host a toy drive. Ask people to bring new, unwrapped toys to donate to our Community Services (Calgary) Christmas Toy Program
- Host an online Kettle : Our kettle campaign runs from November 12 to December 24th. Consider hosting an online kettle and ask people to donate to your specific kettle. Challenge your family, coworkers or friends to see who can fundraise the most money during the campaign.
Have another idea that you don’t see here? No problem – contact us to discuss your plan.
Please note that all fundraising events, except online Kettle hosting, must be registered with Community Services (Calgary) so that we can verify your fundraising event to anyone who contacts us to ask. To register your event, please contact us directly.